You left for ten days already.
Just back home from some mini Christmas party and movie @ GV Bishan: Gulliver's Travels :D
Awesome show I tell you. Everyone should go catch it! :)
Tomorrow's Christmas. Can't wait to give the presents to Mum and Dad and both sis. And of course, TJJ. I'll pass you yours when you're back :)
They will be so surprised because when I came back with bags of wrapped presents, Mum asked who are these for. I just replied flatly, "Friends lo.." Hah, she's gonna be happy tomorrow.
I'm happy, when the people around me are happy. I guess, as I get older (and of course wiser hahaha!), I began to see things in a different perspective.
I used to hate coming home that was in lower secondary and maybe first half of the year in sec three. I bicker with both sis everyday over little stupid issues. Got scolded by grandparents even though it had nothing gotta do with me sometimes, all because I'm the oldest among the three of us.
Till one day, Ah Gong fell sick, really sick. He woke up one day and suddenly realised, he couldn't get off the bed by himself. He couldn't walk at all.
He was diagnosed with: Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic, systemic inflammatory disorder that may affect many tissues and organs, but principally attacks synovial joints.
Aunt Elaine and Ah Gong said that the virus inside will slowly eat up your joints and bones and tissues and organs and everything in your body and you will get weaker, not day by day. But pretty fast in Ah Gong's case.
Dad and Aunt Elaine took turns to apply for leave and bring him to the hospital for multiple checkups. Seventeen years of my life. I've never seen the whole family worried and upset, never seen Ah Gong cried.
He held my hand one late afternoon, tears welling up his eyes and said: Cass, you're the oldest, please set a good example and take care of the whole family. I know you're sensible, you have always been since young. Please take care of Ah Ma for me.. Please Cass. Ah Gong may leave anytime.
Fuck seriously. NONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS OR MY LOVED ONES SHALL LEAVE ME. I can't afford this.
My tears rolled down and it hurts to hear that. Since then, I knew I couldn't be so bo chap about the things around. I had to do something. Joey once told me over the phone that, I wasn't much the same. In the past, I would only come home about 9, 10pm even during school days. Now, I would just go straight home if there were nothing important on because I fully understand the meaning of: Family. My family is not big, neither is it small. Seven of us living under one roof.
I come home earlier nowadays, even if there was nothing for me to do at home. I would laze around and parked myself on the sofa and simply accompany Ah Ma to watch her serials. If there were to be an award for the best Ah Ma, she's gonna get it hahaha.
She gives unconditionally to everyone, anyone. When she was young, she gave up her chance for education just to let her two younger sisters go to school. In the end, she had to stay home and feed the pigs, mind the chickens, clean the house, cook for the family at a very, very young age.
She's old already, yet she still does the laundry, cooks for us, makes sure all of us are free from harm and she's always there when I have an asthma attack or when I'm down with fever.
I love her, more than anyone in the house. But I just simply don't have the courage to tell her, to show her that, hey I care and thank you so much.
I'm turning 18 in two months. Gosh time flies. All I want now, is to ASAP complete my education, get a good job, or better, do my own big business, provide a comfortable and good life for everyone in my family. I'm not thinking of anything now. I just wanna do well in my studies.
The year 2010 is coming to an end. What have I achieved? I've been asking myself this for a few days. I don't have a lot of friends in college, but I have a few great ones who really stuck with me through this tiring yet fufilling JC1 year. Yes I'm talking about you Twinnie, the Malay dude and Abra :) Of course not forgetting my girlfriends I've found in MF, my awesome-est percussion section, Gui Jun and many many many more, and you, TAN JIA JUN :)
I wonder if anyone reads this post/blog, but blogging has always been my vvvvvv good friend to vent my anger, compose my thoughts whenever or whatever I'm feeling right now. I'm not good at words though. Bad at GP, haha.
Nicholas used to say I'm vulgar :O Maybe I still am but I've learnt self-control haha. JC makes people grow, both mentally and of course, academically. I'm beginning to feel that I chose the correct path at the start of the year.
Was talking to my long-lost haojiemei on MSN just now. He was my inspiration to speak better English, though. Hahaha because I feel weird saying lah, ya lor, dunno meh in front of him. Sisters since secondary two. Still a great great friend :D
O.o Is this post meant to be sort of a self-reflection? I've too many things to say to everyone.
I've got a feeling that I'm gonna be real sick, soon. Not now, in the future maybe. I thank God for everything I have now and I do treasure whatever I have now. I'm not as religious as Nicholas Lim Jie Kay but I do believe in God.
Oh talking about it, JOEY TAN IS SO CUTE HAHAHA. She got so amazed that I don't eat beef and mutton and oysters LOL and kept insisting I was lying to her. Imma healthy girl hahahha.
Oh gay on a happier note, I'm meeting my wonderful percussion section (MAYFLOWER BAND PLS) next Thursday for a section outing to Sentosa! I wonder if Werner is back by then. We're gonna celebrate his birthday... Right? I hope all will come because Nicholas and Rizzal are both working :(
Sentosa is a place that brings back a lot of memories. I've been to Sentosa with many different groups of people. I've left my footprints there, as well as many fond memories.
The year is coming to an end. 2011 is gonna pass in a swift, I'm certain. Hang in there, you still need to conserve your energy and strength to fight this monster: The A levels.
It's getting late now, or is it because I get tired easily nowadays. I'm not lazy, just can't find that motivation that brought me through O levels and Promos to keep me going on, FOR THE TIME BEING. Look, it's only for the time being. I'll be all geared up in time to come :)
Hey Twinnie and yo Malay Dude, let's all do well and encourage each other next year. No one is allowed to be left behind. No one.
Christmas tomorrow. Have a happy Christmas, everyone :D
Oh yesssss before I forget again, some delicious food to show ^^
It was Mum and Dad's 20th wedding anniversary on the 18th this month and we went to Watami Restaurant @ J8 righttttttttttt...
So sweet of me to have thought of Icing Room :)
Mine! Scallops are one of my favourites.
MINE HAHA. Good food too. Great soup, I finished all the soup that day hahaha.
ROTATE YOUR HEAD THEN, ASSHOLES HAHAHAA. I forgot to rotate this oops.
Carol had this. Eew no taste, not nice.
THIS IS A MUST-TRY. AWESOME YUMMY WHATEVER GOOD.
Oh yes, there's this yummy yummy place in AMK that sells Penang food. I got vvv sensitive that day. Penang = Malaysia = I'm sad because Baby's in Malaysia. Parents brought Ah Ma and I there last weekend and the food is good I'm serious But I guess it's because it's a little hidden, that's why not many know about this place. Try their signature prawn noodles and their mee goreng. It's awesome.
Gurney Drive :)
OH THIS. Their Nasi Lemak. Omggggggg nice and it looks so pretty right. Not the ordinary Nasi Lemak and it's not that spicy. Good for people like me :D
That's all for tonight. Me shall go feed my little petpetpet (Neopets) and get to bed early.
Good night everyone! :D



.jpg)

<< Home