#100: MAYFLOWER CONCERT BAND: SILVER! :)
Our band should be given recognition for sustaining that solid silver for 20 odd years. I'm proud of you, MCB. :)
I LOVE MCB! :)
Alright, I'm going to talk and type and talk and type again hehe. This post is going to be short haha. As you know.. :p
I'm so proud of you juniors and everyone in the band, of course! :) Quite a few alumni members of the band came over to S.C.H to support us and at that time, I just felt so.. warm~ HAHA. Frankly, especially to the secondary two band members, you guys are really awesome haha. It's not easy to take up a grade4, 5 piece and play it for competition. Whatsmore, you guys only joined the main band at around July, August? Although two years ago, my batch also faced the same situation haha. Abrams Pursuit was a killer but we too attained a silver! Wheehee~ :) Solid silver.
I set the alarm at 4.30am but I kept snoozing it off and woke up with a scare at 5.00am lol. I was supposed to meet Elenore at the interchange but because I was panicking, I woke my grandfather up. OMG I'm so sorry :s So my grandfather sent me to school though he was feeling sick and giddy. Ah, fuck. Blame it on me. I'd never dared to walk along the corridor outside my house whenever the sun is down.
I was the first to enter when it's our turn to perform. I was so nervous for (God knows why) even though I've already experienced SYF two years back. I kept mumbling to Nicholas, who was standing just behind me saying that I'm really scared and I'm afraid I'd screw up. But I managed to calm myself down after the school in front of us, Orchid Park Wind Orchestra, (I supposed.) wished us all the best(!).
I was super impressed with Anglican High's percussion section. Hey they were awesome! :) Impressions of Japan, yup. MCB percussion used to be damn damn damn strong too. Our section used to have a two digit number of people okay. It was so squeezy at the back and us juniors always had to sit on the floor. Those were the times~ :(
But it's okay. The current percussion section rocks till your socks drop, man LOL. Rizzal makes anyone laugh till you fall off your chair hahaha. Just look at him and you'd notice yourself laughing in a few seconds haha.
Ah damn.. I'm gonna miss my section. :( I can proudly say that my section has the most fun people and we could laugh for the whole band practice haha.
Oh man, tears are welling up in my eyes now.
Nicholas asked why didn't I cry just now. Even Chu Xian cried, wow. Hahaha, because.. Aren't we going out for section outing on Good Friday, four days later? LOL cry what. I'm going to come back to the band room pretty often because I HAVE NO SUCCESSOR.
----------------- [misery love company] says:
if mrtan let us play die fledermaus... i take timp. xD
----------------- [misery love company] says:
but deciding who will play is still up to me ... =D
hahahaha
DAMN YOU, NICHOLAS LIM. YOU SECTION LEADER BIG AH. TIMPANI FOR DIE FLEDERMAUS I PLAY HOR. YOU WAIT LONG LONG. :p
Bai Xun reads my blog oh wow.
... says:
zzzzzzz
i thought you fell asleep de
just wanted to tell you
your post was quite touching
=D
DON'T TELL ANYBODY!!!
HAHAHA I MISS YOU, BAI XUN. :( I saw you in S.C.H. today! Hehe.
Oh man, so many people are talking to me on MSN now and I'm confused zzz. Thank you to those who congratulate us! :)
Elenore sent me the recording of our performance just now. :) Who recorded it? :O I think we played well hehe.
I'm going to Kewei's house on one fine day oh yay. Kewei said that if Jia Jun's going over, he'd call me along. :) Oh good, means I could go back to Mandai and Springleaf and Springside and visit all my friends OMG I CAN'T WAIT. :D
Rachel is a damn good chairperson haha. Zzzz Random lol.
I saw how Jia Jun looks like three years ago LOL!
Am now talking to Luqman Hakim on Messenger now. :) Yessssss that Luqman in band, wow. Apparently one of the better looking guys in band. Geeeez, did I just said that? Hahaha.
luqman h. says:
watch your language young lady.
He talked to me and that was his first sentence.
CASSANDRA says:
hahah siao.
why nv come back band visit us!
esp today syf!
you suckerrrrrrrrrrr
hahahaha
luqman h. says:
i've been busy.
taking pictures and stuff
CASSANDRA says:
taking pic?
of who
yourself? hahaha
luqman h. says:
im not so vain.
take pictures of surroundings, architecture, texture,people and a lot la
photography is my latest passion but its not a school thing
its my personal one
my pic nice hor
luqman h. says:
textures lor.
CASSANDRA says:
looks like our shaker
oh. -.-
luqman h. says:
its fabric
long pieces of fabric hung up.
you know where i took it?
CASSANDRA says:
o.o where?
luqman h. says:
the singapore museum
national museum
how's the band anyway?
the percussion section?
Luqman Hakim Bin Lokman (LOL!) actually asked about band OMG HE NEVER EAT MEDICINE?! :O HAHAHA.
Oh yaynesssss. He said he's coming back to band to visit us! :) Remember to come back together with all the others! Hehe.
luqman h. says:
justin in band again ah?
CASSANDRA says:
yup hehe he came back
and winston came back too!
luqman h. says:
i wonder why?
CASSANDRA says:
but your jolene left
awwwwwwww
luqman h. says:
that was aeons ago
CASSANDRA says:
lol! doesnt matter.
luqman h. says:
okay la i promise i will return once before my school starts
and that is in 2 weeks time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
Hahaha joker. :p
Today is such a happy day. :)
luqman h. says:
your condition is very rare
pimple on the eye?
WOW
got boyfriend already or not?
CASSANDRA says:
hahaha sth's growing at the bottom eyelid thingy omg
boyf. -.- you wna be my boyf ah!
LOL
i just ended some rship
luqman h. says:
woo....
is nicholas in a realtionship?
LOL?
I told him that a few of us thinks that he's one of the better looking guys in band and he became so full of himself. Damn, shouldn't have told you haha.
luqman h. says:
people in band said that?
or others?
well they haven't seen my shuaiest yet
hahaha
Get what I mean.. -.-
Then we started talking about art and studies, wow.
luqman h. says:
too bad
what's important is you work hard and see the results at the end
OMG? :O
We happen to take the same subject combination and in the same class with similar teachers and in the same CCA just that he's a year older haha.
----------------- [misery love company] says:
lol
today so many ppl cry.. except u...=.=
even cx cry...
----------------- [misery love company] says:
i come back because i want to play drumset only..
haha
----------------- [misery love company] says:
about what ?
shit... now i want to play pirates dream..=.=
Oh shut up, Nicholas. You're annoying hahaha. I know you for four years you never see me cry before meh..
----------------- [misery love company] says:
zzz
i probly wear polo tee and jeans ..
life is boring now ....
normally... everyday i will open door...
now no..=.=
remedials.. and more remedials..
Alright. Let me reflect upon my four years in my dearest Mayflower Concert Band. :)
I came in. Not knowing what to do and Wai Kit came along with a clarinet and insist that I try haha. Not even a squeak came out and Gary and Yong Qing came along and shove me a trumpet and pulled me to their section. Sherwin and Gu Huai came along and were grinning from ear to ear. "She's tall she's tall! Tuba shall be it!"
I can't remember which ex senior came over and said, "OMG YOU LOOK LIKE JOY." Okay you try the bassoon.
Denny and Fiona helped me with the French Horn too and yup, no sound zzz. Li Ning came with a flute and OMG there's sound! :O At that time, I felt so hopeless/useless, whatever. Shi Yi and Wan Jing together with Jia Min walked past and Mr. Tan asked if I want to try percussion instruments since I had piano background and rhythm-wise won't be a big problem. At that time, I smiled. I knew I belonged somewhere and not nowhere. :)
Till now, I'm in percussion and I'm loving it. :)
Many incidents happened while I was in band and the two most significant ones were:
The secondary ones at that time namely, Nicholas, Shi Yun, Sylvia, Sut Peng, Sok Kee and I were outside the band room for sectionals. I was already feeling so sick at that time and Jia Min walked out. I told her that I may faint/black out any moment and she stared at me zzz! Before I knew it, I collapsed to the ground sideways WTF LOL. Jia Min panicked and called Ms. Mok. She ran to the staff room and back to me and back again and to the canteen to get me a hot milo and back again. Jia Min may not remember but I did hehe. And at times when I'm feeling down, I'll pull her to one side and start telling her what happened and stuff. She won't say a thing but would listen and give her trademark stare lol.
Seeing how Shermaine cried because Serene's stepping down, reminds me of how I cried as horrible two/three years ago when Jia Min stepped down.
I remember in secondary one, Ninnart and Serene cried really terribly because Denny, Fiona and Lingli stepped down. I wasn't that close to Shi Yi and Wan Jing and since Jia Min had another year, I didn't cry. But seeing my two buddies, including Elenore at that time, made me cry with them haha.
Another incident was, same. We were having sectionals outside and at that time, Gabriel was still in band, in percussion. Shi Yun and him were fooling around and Shi Yun's spectacles fell out and it got stuck between the grills, next to the trees, outside the band room, right at the centre of the first and second floor. WOW HAHA. Gabriel and Nicholas, together with Shi Yun managed to hook Shi Yun's spectacles up by using strings(?).
luqman h. says:
im just saying that a research shows a singaporeean teen spends an average of 10 hours a day usinng the com
Hey Luqman, you're weird HAHA. No lah, joking haha.
Ninnart, Elenore and I went to see our seniors perform in Sentosa when we were in sec 1. That was the first and the last time I saw the current band then perform in Sentosa. Mr. Kwek and his family were there too and I'm glad to say that till now, he is still very supportive of MCB! :)
Cheers, MCB! :)
Sec 2 after mid-year, I had to take over the timpani part with little help because Selena stepped down to prepare for her 'N's. At first, I was indeed struggling and scoldings from Mr. Tan were not rare. Soon after in sec 3, I had no one to rely on after Selena prepares for her 'O's. I envied Nicholas because there was still Bai Xun and Luqman to guide him along.
There was a huge conflict/disagreement, whatever you call it after June in sec 3 between me and a lot of others. Damn, if I hadn't been so sensitive and direct last year, things would be so much better, even now.
I looked through my neoprints and there was one I took together with Ninnart, Serene, Elenore, Yoke Ching, Shi Yun(?) and there were more. Yeah, those were the times.
Justin came to me a few days ago and asked, "You not close to Shi Yun they all already? Sec 1 sec 2 I thought got?"
Everyone's busy and everyone has their own things to handle, I guess..
Now I'm a sec 4. Before SYF, I can't wait to step down so I could focus more on my studies and spend more time with my non-band friends. Joey and I were planning to study together everyday after our SYF and we could consult each other. But now, I DON'T WANNA STEP DOWN! :( The enthusiasm I had for band before, is coming back. :( But why now! :\ It's too late, I guess..
Oh man~ Indeed, band gave me happy, sad and wonderful memories. I'll miss band. I'll miss my section. The mighty percussion section. :) Wormy, Nicholas and I are depending on you much as we study for our 'O's and 'N's. Go, wormy! :)
It'd been really very long since I posted such a long post haha.
I can't wait for Friday! :D Finally a section outing! :) Friday is my motivation for this week haha.
Good night, everyone. It's 1.40am now. My right eye hurts.
Mum and Dad are coming home from Macau tomorrow, like finally lol. I wonder what they bought for us three. :)
Our band should be given recognition for sustaining that solid silver for 20 odd years. I'm proud of you, MCB. :)
I LOVE MCB! :)
Alright, I'm going to talk and type and talk and type again hehe. This post is going to be short haha. As you know.. :p
I'm so proud of you juniors and everyone in the band, of course! :) Quite a few alumni members of the band came over to S.C.H to support us and at that time, I just felt so.. warm~ HAHA. Frankly, especially to the secondary two band members, you guys are really awesome haha. It's not easy to take up a grade4, 5 piece and play it for competition. Whatsmore, you guys only joined the main band at around July, August? Although two years ago, my batch also faced the same situation haha. Abrams Pursuit was a killer but we too attained a silver! Wheehee~ :) Solid silver.
I set the alarm at 4.30am but I kept snoozing it off and woke up with a scare at 5.00am lol. I was supposed to meet Elenore at the interchange but because I was panicking, I woke my grandfather up. OMG I'm so sorry :s So my grandfather sent me to school though he was feeling sick and giddy. Ah, fuck. Blame it on me. I'd never dared to walk along the corridor outside my house whenever the sun is down.
I was the first to enter when it's our turn to perform. I was so nervous for (God knows why) even though I've already experienced SYF two years back. I kept mumbling to Nicholas, who was standing just behind me saying that I'm really scared and I'm afraid I'd screw up. But I managed to calm myself down after the school in front of us, Orchid Park Wind Orchestra, (I supposed.) wished us all the best(!).
I was super impressed with Anglican High's percussion section. Hey they were awesome! :) Impressions of Japan, yup. MCB percussion used to be damn damn damn strong too. Our section used to have a two digit number of people okay. It was so squeezy at the back and us juniors always had to sit on the floor. Those were the times~ :(
But it's okay. The current percussion section rocks till your socks drop, man LOL. Rizzal makes anyone laugh till you fall off your chair hahaha. Just look at him and you'd notice yourself laughing in a few seconds haha.
Ah damn.. I'm gonna miss my section. :( I can proudly say that my section has the most fun people and we could laugh for the whole band practice haha.
Oh man, tears are welling up in my eyes now.
Nicholas asked why didn't I cry just now. Even Chu Xian cried, wow. Hahaha, because.. Aren't we going out for section outing on Good Friday, four days later? LOL cry what. I'm going to come back to the band room pretty often because I HAVE NO SUCCESSOR.
---------
if mrtan let us play die fledermaus... i take timp. xD
---------
but deciding who will play is still up to me ... =D
hahahaha
DAMN YOU, NICHOLAS LIM. YOU SECTION LEADER BIG AH. TIMPANI FOR DIE FLEDERMAUS I PLAY HOR. YOU WAIT LONG LONG. :p
Bai Xun reads my blog oh wow.
... says:
zzzzzzz
i thought you fell asleep de
just wanted to tell you
your post was quite touching
=D
DON'T TELL ANYBODY!!!
HAHAHA I MISS YOU, BAI XUN. :( I saw you in S.C.H. today! Hehe.
Oh man, so many people are talking to me on MSN now and I'm confused zzz. Thank you to those who congratulate us! :)
Elenore sent me the recording of our performance just now. :) Who recorded it? :O I think we played well hehe.
I'm going to Kewei's house on one fine day oh yay. Kewei said that if Jia Jun's going over, he'd call me along. :) Oh good, means I could go back to Mandai and Springleaf and Springside and visit all my friends OMG I CAN'T WAIT. :D
Rachel is a damn good chairperson haha. Zzzz Random lol.
I saw how Jia Jun looks like three years ago LOL!
Am now talking to Luqman Hakim on Messenger now. :) Yessssss that Luqman in band, wow. Apparently one of the better looking guys in band. Geeeez, did I just said that? Hahaha.
luqman h. says:
watch your language young lady.
He talked to me and that was his first sentence.
CASSANDRA says:
hahah siao.
why nv come back band visit us!
esp today syf!
you suckerrrrrrrrrrr
hahahaha
luqman h. says:
i've been busy.
taking pictures and stuff
CASSANDRA says:
taking pic?
of who
yourself? hahaha
luqman h. says:
im not so vain.
take pictures of surroundings, architecture, texture,people and a lot la
photography is my latest passion but its not a school thing
its my personal one
my pic nice hor
luqman h. says:
textures lor.
CASSANDRA says:
looks like our shaker
oh. -.-
luqman h. says:
its fabric
long pieces of fabric hung up.
you know where i took it?
CASSANDRA says:
o.o where?
luqman h. says:
the singapore museum
national museum
how's the band anyway?
the percussion section?
Luqman Hakim Bin Lokman (LOL!) actually asked about band OMG HE NEVER EAT MEDICINE?! :O HAHAHA.
Oh yaynesssss. He said he's coming back to band to visit us! :) Remember to come back together with all the others! Hehe.
luqman h. says:
justin in band again ah?
CASSANDRA says:
yup hehe he came back
and winston came back too!
luqman h. says:
i wonder why?
CASSANDRA says:
but your jolene left
awwwwwwww
luqman h. says:
that was aeons ago
CASSANDRA says:
lol! doesnt matter.
luqman h. says:
okay la i promise i will return once before my school starts
and that is in 2 weeks time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
Hahaha joker. :p
Today is such a happy day. :)
luqman h. says:
your condition is very rare
pimple on the eye?
WOW
got boyfriend already or not?
CASSANDRA says:
hahaha sth's growing at the bottom eyelid thingy omg
boyf. -.- you wna be my boyf ah!
LOL
i just ended some rship
luqman h. says:
woo....
is nicholas in a realtionship?
LOL?
I told him that a few of us thinks that he's one of the better looking guys in band and he became so full of himself. Damn, shouldn't have told you haha.
luqman h. says:
people in band said that?
or others?
well they haven't seen my shuaiest yet
hahaha
Get what I mean.. -.-
Then we started talking about art and studies, wow.
luqman h. says:
too bad
what's important is you work hard and see the results at the end
OMG? :O
We happen to take the same subject combination and in the same class with similar teachers and in the same CCA just that he's a year older haha.
---------
lol
today so many ppl cry.. except u...=.=
even cx cry...
---------
i come back because i want to play drumset only..
haha
---------
about what ?
shit... now i want to play pirates dream..=.=
Oh shut up, Nicholas. You're annoying hahaha. I know you for four years you never see me cry before meh..
---------
zzz
i probly wear polo tee and jeans ..
life is boring now ....
normally... everyday i will open door...
now no..=.=
remedials.. and more remedials..
Alright. Let me reflect upon my four years in my dearest Mayflower Concert Band. :)
I came in. Not knowing what to do and Wai Kit came along with a clarinet and insist that I try haha. Not even a squeak came out and Gary and Yong Qing came along and shove me a trumpet and pulled me to their section. Sherwin and Gu Huai came along and were grinning from ear to ear. "She's tall she's tall! Tuba shall be it!"
I can't remember which ex senior came over and said, "OMG YOU LOOK LIKE JOY." Okay you try the bassoon.
Denny and Fiona helped me with the French Horn too and yup, no sound zzz. Li Ning came with a flute and OMG there's sound! :O At that time, I felt so hopeless/useless, whatever. Shi Yi and Wan Jing together with Jia Min walked past and Mr. Tan asked if I want to try percussion instruments since I had piano background and rhythm-wise won't be a big problem. At that time, I smiled. I knew I belonged somewhere and not nowhere. :)
Till now, I'm in percussion and I'm loving it. :)
Many incidents happened while I was in band and the two most significant ones were:
The secondary ones at that time namely, Nicholas, Shi Yun, Sylvia, Sut Peng, Sok Kee and I were outside the band room for sectionals. I was already feeling so sick at that time and Jia Min walked out. I told her that I may faint/black out any moment and she stared at me zzz! Before I knew it, I collapsed to the ground sideways WTF LOL. Jia Min panicked and called Ms. Mok. She ran to the staff room and back to me and back again and to the canteen to get me a hot milo and back again. Jia Min may not remember but I did hehe. And at times when I'm feeling down, I'll pull her to one side and start telling her what happened and stuff. She won't say a thing but would listen and give her trademark stare lol.
Seeing how Shermaine cried because Serene's stepping down, reminds me of how I cried as horrible two/three years ago when Jia Min stepped down.
I remember in secondary one, Ninnart and Serene cried really terribly because Denny, Fiona and Lingli stepped down. I wasn't that close to Shi Yi and Wan Jing and since Jia Min had another year, I didn't cry. But seeing my two buddies, including Elenore at that time, made me cry with them haha.
Another incident was, same. We were having sectionals outside and at that time, Gabriel was still in band, in percussion. Shi Yun and him were fooling around and Shi Yun's spectacles fell out and it got stuck between the grills, next to the trees, outside the band room, right at the centre of the first and second floor. WOW HAHA. Gabriel and Nicholas, together with Shi Yun managed to hook Shi Yun's spectacles up by using strings(?).
luqman h. says:
im just saying that a research shows a singaporeean teen spends an average of 10 hours a day usinng the com
Hey Luqman, you're weird HAHA. No lah, joking haha.
Ninnart, Elenore and I went to see our seniors perform in Sentosa when we were in sec 1. That was the first and the last time I saw the current band then perform in Sentosa. Mr. Kwek and his family were there too and I'm glad to say that till now, he is still very supportive of MCB! :)
Cheers, MCB! :)
Sec 2 after mid-year, I had to take over the timpani part with little help because Selena stepped down to prepare for her 'N's. At first, I was indeed struggling and scoldings from Mr. Tan were not rare. Soon after in sec 3, I had no one to rely on after Selena prepares for her 'O's. I envied Nicholas because there was still Bai Xun and Luqman to guide him along.
There was a huge conflict/disagreement, whatever you call it after June in sec 3 between me and a lot of others. Damn, if I hadn't been so sensitive and direct last year, things would be so much better, even now.
I looked through my neoprints and there was one I took together with Ninnart, Serene, Elenore, Yoke Ching, Shi Yun(?) and there were more. Yeah, those were the times.
Justin came to me a few days ago and asked, "You not close to Shi Yun they all already? Sec 1 sec 2 I thought got?"
Everyone's busy and everyone has their own things to handle, I guess..
Now I'm a sec 4. Before SYF, I can't wait to step down so I could focus more on my studies and spend more time with my non-band friends. Joey and I were planning to study together everyday after our SYF and we could consult each other. But now, I DON'T WANNA STEP DOWN! :( The enthusiasm I had for band before, is coming back. :( But why now! :\ It's too late, I guess..
Oh man~ Indeed, band gave me happy, sad and wonderful memories. I'll miss band. I'll miss my section. The mighty percussion section. :) Wormy, Nicholas and I are depending on you much as we study for our 'O's and 'N's. Go, wormy! :)
It'd been really very long since I posted such a long post haha.
I can't wait for Friday! :D Finally a section outing! :) Friday is my motivation for this week haha.
Good night, everyone. It's 1.40am now. My right eye hurts.
Mum and Dad are coming home from Macau tomorrow, like finally lol. I wonder what they bought for us three. :)


.jpg)

<< Home